Registering for the Career Mentor Scheme
1. Register or log-in to CareerHub
2. Complete the 2017 Career Mentor Scheme Student Registration Form and submit.
3. Book in for a compulsory briefing session via the events page CareerHub. (15/6 Updated: Please note, the final Briefing Sessions for 2017 are now available via Events in CareerHub. Please do not forget to register your attendance; otherwise you will not be eligible to participate in the Career Mentor Scheme this year).
Some tips for your registration for the Career Mentor Scheme:
- You will receive an auto response via email to let you know that your registration form has been successfully submitted.
- If you do not receive this auto response email then your form has not been successfully submitted and you should resubmit the form. Save your responses in Word!
- There is no spell check facility in CareerHub and we do not edit for spelling before sending your information to your mentor at the time of matching. Use spell check and make a good first impression!
- Some operating systems may not support CareerHub. Try using a QUT computer, or different internet browser to submit your registration form if you are having problems registering.
- Once you have submitted your registration form you need to book in for a briefing session. Briefing sessions run at the beginning of each semester around o-week. If you miss the briefing sessions for the semester you need to wait to attend one the next semester. For upcoming session times, check the events listings in CareerHub. These sessions will not be visible to you until you have submitted your registration form.
- Students who do not attend a briefing session are not eligible to be matched.
- External students, or students who genuinely cannot attend a session due to circumstances beyond their control, should contact the Career Mentor Scheme Coordinator via email email@example.com to make alternative arrangements.
- If you book in to a session and cannot attend, please log back in to CareerHub to register for an alternative session.