Please note that your registration will only be accepted if you:
- Are currently enrolled in a QUT course (excluding those on a Leave of Absence);
- Have a GPA of 4.0 or above (unless you are in your first year of a postgraduate course);
- Apply for a mentor within the discipline in which you are studying;
- Have completed a minimum of 96 credit points of an undergraduate bachelor degree in the discipline in which you are applying for a mentor; OR are currently enrolled in a postgraduate course
Unfortunately, we do not have the capacity to accept registrations from exchange students or QUT graduates who are not currently enrolled at QUT.
Please note that there are limited Mentors available, and students cannot be guaranteed to be matched.
Further information to consider when registering for the Career Mentor Scheme:
• Part time students are welcome to register.
• International students are encouraged to register.
• Postgraduate students are encouraged to register.
• If you are graduating mid-year you are welcome to register, however matching does not occur until April. Your mentoring relationship can still continue after graduation.
• Students should register for the Career Mentor Scheme in their final year or penultimate year of study.
• Students in their final year of study will be given priority in the matching process.
• The Career Mentor Scheme commences in April and officially runs until October each year, however you are encouraged to continue your mentoring relationship beyond this date. *Please note the Early Career Mentoring Program will run in Semester One only.
• The initial matching of mentors and students takes place in first semester - from late March.
• Matching takes place throughout the year if new mentors become available.
• Being matched with a mentor after registration in the Career Mentor Scheme cannot be guaranteed.