The cover letter you send with your resume is an opportunity to summarise your suitability for the role you are applying for. Your letter provides you the opportunity to sell yourself as a highly suitable candidate for the job.
There are usually two types of cover letters:
- one is a response to an advertisement
- the other is seeking possible vacancies and is referred to as a 'speculative' or 'cold canvas' letter.
- Letter writing info sheet (PDF 183KB)
- Career development programs: Resumes and letters (Online module)
- Workshops: Resume and letter writing
- Letter example: International students (PDF 80KB)
- Built Environment and Engineering (PDF 858KB)
- Business (PDF 858KB)
- Creative Industries (PDF 858KB)
- Education (PDF 858KB)
- Human Movements (PDF 858KB)
- Information Technology (PDF 858KB)
- Law (PDF 858KB)
- Justice Studies (PDF 858KB)
- Science (PDF 858KB)
Submit your letter to our Resume Feedback Service and our career counsellors can provide feedback.