Mentor Scheme documents
QUT maintains three types of insurance policies that cover students while they are involved in the Scheme - Personal Accident, Professional Indemnity and Public Liability.
The following are suggested resources for Mentors to use:
- Objective setting (PDF 1MB)
- Mentoring agreement (DOC 1MB)
- Distance Relationship Advice (PDF 201KB)
- Tips for Mentors (PDF 184KB)
QUT Support Services
We recognise that QUT Career Mentors are not professional career counsellors, and offer professional support services to be utilised in conjunction with your mentoring relationship.
The C&E website allows students to access information regarding:
- current job opportunities,
- career counselling appointments,
- resume feedback service,
- workshops on resume writing, employment skills and career planning,
- graduate destinations information,
- work experience insurance.
Provides a professional, confidential and free counselling service to students.
Provides information on language on learning and student life, including employment issues such as visa requirements etc. Students can also access GoingGlobal through this site for international employment information.
QUT Visitor Card
- QUT username/password and an email account will be created.
- Mentors will be able to access email, QUT Virtual and/or another generic access available to QUT visitors.
ID Card: Mentor details will be sent to the ID card system to allow ID card to be issued.
Library: Mentor will be able to activate their ID card to gain library borrowing rights and access to all QUT subscribed databases.
Access will continue for mentors currently in the scheme. Mentors who leave the scheme will have their access deactivated.
Gaining access:(1) Visit QUT HiQ Student Centres
- Gardens Point Campus; V Block - Library, Level 3 (3138 2000) – 7:00am-10:00pm
- Kelvin Grove Campus; R Block-Library, Level 2 (3138 2000) – 7:00am-10:00pm
- Caboolture Campus; Ground Floor, J Block (3138 2000) - 8.30am to 4.30pm
For further information please visit the HiQ Student Centres.
The Staff at HiQ will take your photo and issue a card on the spot (photo ID is required – eg. Australian drivers licence or passport). Your card will be activated once printed.
Further information about ID cards including how to request specific room access can be found at: ID Cards.
(2) Log on:
- You would have been provided with a QUT Access Username which you can use to log into QUT services (except CareerHub).
To reset your QUT Access Password, please go to https://access.qut.edu.au , click on “Forgotten your Password” and follow the prompts.
For further information or for assistance logging on to your account please contact the IT Helpdesk: www.ithelpdesk.qut.edu.au