On Campus Activities
QUT Careers & Employment believe in creating opportunities for connection between employers/industry partners and QUT students through ongoing and varied engagement strategies. Our team is constantly working to provide creative and streamlined solutions to engaging with students, assisting employers to attract the right talent for their organisation. Connecting with students on campus can be a great way of interacting with keen and motivated students, and is a great way to promote your brand and provide students with relevant information about your organisation and opportunities. Industry representatives can come to a QUT campus to speak to students about a range of topics:
- General application and recruitment tips and hints
- Technical or soft employability skills
- Hidden career paths
- Work experience or job opportunities
- Your graduate or vacation program
- Your company
There are many ways that Industry can engage with QUT students, the below represents our common activities, however, we encourage creativity and are more than happy to work with you in order to maximise the impact of your chosen activity:
- Information stands
- Student Competitions
- Student Clubs & Events
- On-campus interviews
We support all of our all on-campus activities through a range of advertising channels. In order to maximise coverage, we recommend presentation details be confirmed at least 2 weeks prior to the event – shorter notice is accepted (excluding peak periods), however, keep in mind that advertising options will be limited the closer to the date it is.
To further your promotional reach within your desired student group, we offer a additional Targeted Email Service which is a highly effective way to inform specific students of your event or recruitment drive.
Things to consider
- On-campus activities can take place on either Gardens Point or Kelvin Grove campus.
- Please see our Academic Calendar for appropriate dates and to ensure you avoid holidays and exams.
- If you have a specific target group, we can work with you to ascertain the best time/date for you to be on campus.
- Parking is extremely limited at QUT so we recommend taxi or public transport, however if parking is necessary please advise and we will do the best we can to accommodate you.
- For more information about each of these on campus activities, or to book, please click on the appropriate link above or contact us directly.
For more information please contact:
Employment Administration Officer
P: +61 7 3138 2571