Real World Placement Program
The Real World Placement Program (RWPP) is a Student Support & Amenities Fee funded initiative aimed at generating opportunities in, and developing students for, quality co-curricular work experience and volunteering opportunities through strategic industry engagement.
The aim is to provide opportunities for students to gain valuable not-for-credit experience whilst studying, thus increasing their employability upon graduation and empowering them to develop a professional perspective from the outset of their career. This is achieved through facilitating meaningful connections with the Real World to support students' personal and professional development and to complement their studies.
The program is focused on sourcing placement opportunities that complement and support the existing WIL programs within QUT Faculties through collaboration and engagement.
As such, RWPP placements will be offered with the following structures:
- Placements will not be eligible for course credit.
- Placements that would be suitable to become a WIL placement will be offered to the appropriate Faculty.
- Placements may be either paid positions, unpaid co-curricular work experience, or volunteering for community benefit.
- Unpaid co-curricular work experience placements may not exceed 30 days in duration and volunteering and paid placements have no duration limit.
- It is the responsibility of students to ensure they are registered under QUT’s work placement insurance cover for non-paid placements and the responsibility of volunteering organisations to ensure their volunteers are insured.
If you would like to discuss the Real World Placement Program, please contact Careers & Employment on 3138 2649.